8:00am – 4:00pm
Radisson Hotel, Manchester, NH
Pre-registration is required before May 5th. There is no cost to attend.
About the Summit
The first NH Governor’s Summit on Substance Misuse aims to inform and foster a continued collective response through prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery supports. The event will encourage participants to reach beyond their professions and understand and learn from their peers in other sectors to develop an environment of understanding and establish a strong network of resources for the individuals they serve.
ANYONE is encouraged to attend, especially the general public.
This event is brought to you by the Office of Governor Maggie Hassan, NH Department of Safety Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, and the NH Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services.
Highlights of the Event
- Multiple educational sessions to choose from.
- Keynote presentation by Tom McLellan, Chairman and Founder of the Treatment Research Institute.
- Time to network with colleagues.
- Complimentary registration includes access to all sessions and events, a continental breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day.
Registration Information & Agenda
Visit the event website to view the full agenda, session descriptions, and to register.
Who should attend?
- Health/Medical – behavioral health, substance use professionals, physicians, primary care, nurses, hospitals/urgent care, public health, community health centers, pharmacists
- Education – teachers, school counselors, principals, school boards, superintendents, student assistance programs, school resource officers, school nurses, school faculty/staff (i.e. bus drivers, food service staff, janitors)
- Justice System – Courts, JPPO
- Corrections – State, county and community corrections
- Family Advocates
- Municipal Officials
- Law Enforcement
- Policy Leaders – legislators, county commissioners
- Division of Children, Youth and Families
Continuing Education Credit
Nursing Continuing Education: JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Northeast Multistate Division, an Accredited Approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity has been approved for a total of 5.5 contact hours.
Other Professions: Additional continuing education credit has been applied for through various accrediting agencies and are pending approval at the time of publishing. Please check the event website for updates.