Hotline Crisis Counselor
This position is responsible for providing crisis intervention, information and referral and suicide
prevention services on the 24/7 Hotline. This position also provides back-up to Residential.
• Previous experience in crisis intervention, suicide prevention, addictions treatment or other
human services field preferred, but not required.
• Completion of the Hotline Training Program or evidence of equivalent training.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in crisis situations.
Goals and Objectives:
• Provide crisis intervention, information and referral and suicide prevention services to callers,
walk-ins and residents according to Headrest program standards.
• Provide assistance and support to Residential Services.
• Provide active listening, information and referral and intervention services to all callers,
residents and walk-ins as appropriate.
• Conduct phone screenings for individuals seeking other Headrest services.
• Review previous contacts and conduct follow-ups as necessary.
• Maintains documentation of all client contact according to Headrest policies.
• Assists in maintaining and enhancing Hotline resources in collaboration with the Hotline
• Maintains the cleanliness of the Hotline Office.
• Functions as a receptionist for the agency.
• Monitors residents’ behavior, enforces house rules and communications with Residential
• Other duties as assigned.
This position receives administrative supervision from the Hotline Coordinator and clinical supervision as
decided by the Clinical Director. This positions is not responsible for any supervisory duties.
Must be available Weekends.
If interested, please email a letter of intent and resume to Kathleen Russo, LADC ; Clinical Director Kathleen.Russo@headrest.org