Recover Together is a mission-driven organization dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality treatment for opiate addiction. We are looking for an experienced, full-time (40 hours/week) Group Counselor to join our rapidly growing team in New Hampshire and help deliver our model of group therapy to patients seeking to end their addiction. The Group Counselor will manage groups of patients on a regular weekly schedule, with both clinical and administrative responsibility.
We have grown rapidly since our founding in 2013. We are looking for someone who is excited not only to help his/her own patients, but also to help build a world-class organization that can ultimately reach tens of thousands of people. The ideal candidate is both independent and a team player; flexible and entrepreneurial; and has the highest professional standards.
This role is a distinctive opportunity in the field of counseling for addiction treatment:
· Innovation: Recover Together is a young, fast-growing organization that is looking to do things differently in pursuit of its mission. We have developed a unique, technology-driven clinical system, and encourage staff to identify opportunities to improve the way we work and serve clients.
· Respect: One of our core beliefs is that everyone suffering from opiate addiction deserves the best medical care. No matter how bad things have gotten, people should always be treated with respect. This belief shapes all aspects of how counselors are expected to interact with clients.
· Professional development: We are committed to investing in staff’s professional development, ranging from mentorship and regular feedback from your supervisor to providing clinical supervision hours in pursuit of advanced certification and licensure.
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, medical benefits, and paid time off.
Location: Manchester, NH
· Facilitate weekly group therapy sessions using the Recover Together curriculum
o Document clinical summaries of each patient’s progress each week
o Share learnings based on patient progress and feedback, with rest of clinical team (counselors, Clinical Director, physicians)
o Contribute to ongoing evolution of curriculum based on experience with groups as well as emerging evidence/research and industry best practices
· Provide individual patient support as needed
o Evaluate each patient’s progress and continued fit for the program. Make referrals for additional services as needed. Make and execute discharge decisions
o Liaise with third parties (e.g., corrections, family services)
· Conduct intakes for new patients
o Gather relevant drug use history and prepare patient medical record for physician review
o Describe program and set expectations for participation in Recover Together
· Minimum two years experience with group counseling and addiction treatment
· Strong empathy and ability to build connection
· Comfortable working with technology including electronic health records, email communication and software and mobile apps (e.g., Google Apps)
· Some availability on weekday evenings (between 5-7PM)
o Bachelor’s degree
o LADC, CADC, LCMHC or LCSW
To apply: Please send a resume and brief cover letter (<250 words) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Group Counselor – NH” in the subject line.