Five-day CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© (RCA)
This training is for individuals who are involved in the recovery initiation of others and/or are in sustained recovery themselves and want to become a Recovery Coach or a Certified Recovery Support Worker for people seeking or already in recovery.
Recovery Coaching is a peer-based recovery support service that is non-clinical and designed to engage others beyond recovery initiation through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. Similar peer interventions in clinical settings have been shown to improve engagement and retention of people seeking services. It is also known that long-term treatment and/or recovery outcomes are improved by assertive linkages to community-based recovery supports such as Recovery Coaching.
- Help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use disorder or addiction.
- Promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
- Serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking, or already in recovery
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Dates: RCA October 19-23, 2015
Time: 30-hour Recovery Coach Academy – 9:00 to 4:30 each day (Registration at 8:30 on Day One)
Location: Riverbend 96 Church Street Laconia NH 03301
Registration & Payment Deadline: October 2, 2015 FEE: $400 RCA
To register call Cheryle Pacapelli 603-225-9540 x120
All manuals will be provided. Participants will receive a Recovery Coach Academy Certificate. No certificates will be issued for partial completion.
For more information, contact Cheryle Pacapelli; (603) 225-9540 x120, email@example.com