brought to you by your NHADACA Ethics Committee
Remote 1-hour webinar "Unpacking the No Surprises Act" presented by Zelis payment management systems.
Recorded link https://www2.zelispayments.com/No-Surprises-Act-Webinar
Highlights (Information relevant to those responsible for billing)
- The No Surprises Act applies to ALL commercial Insurance plans
- The No Surprises Act (NSA) does not apply to government plans (Medicaid & Medicare)
- 65% of Americans have commercial plans
- Two parts of the (NSA) Post -service and Pre-service
- Pre-service is "transparency" regarding policy benefits and terms must be available for the consumer and provider
- Post-service "Balance Billing prohibited" (meaning provider cannot collect balance due from the client after service delivery)
NSA compliance date begins January 1, 2022
You can get other details (of which there are many!!) by watching the recording found below.
Pass along to others you know who are responsible for billing practice compliance.https://www2.zelispayments.com/No-Surprises-Act-Webinar