Minimizing Risk & Achieving Excellence
Brought to you by your NHADACA Ethics Committee.
Check out the most recent data and informative discussion on the topic of Counselor Liability. The purpose of this report is to utilize the CNA claim database over a 10-year period to identify counselor risks, loss patterns and trends. The report also contains risk control recommendations designed to help mitigate adverse incidents and increase client satisfaction.
Key findings include:
· $7.8 million paid for counselor malpractice claims over the 5-year study period; $8 million paid during the previous 10 years
· The average total incurred for malpractice claims is $113,642
· Allegations involving sexual/romantic relationships accounted for 43.9% of malpractice allegations.
· $5,454 average license defense cost; up from $3,727 in the 2014 report, a 46.3% increase.
· Deposition assistance and record request matters increased 456% since the 2014 report.
Click here to access the entire report.
Click on the below titles to read more on these important topics!
Counselor Spot Light: BOUNDARIES
Can we talk? Three Communication Strategies for Healthcare Providers
Handling the Angry Patient
Documentation: An important step in avoiding malpractice
Counselor Risk Assessment
This information was taken from the Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO) website on 4/6/2019