Brought to you by your NHADACA Ethics Committee . . .
From Dan Harris, CNN News Broadcaster and author of the books 10% Happier (2014) and Meditation for the Fidgety Skeptic (2018)
Key points for being “happy”
- Shift thinking from isolation & fear of being part of a global community
- Meditate to reduce this “anxiety”
- Best time is early morning while our mind is most quiet (if you are busy during the day)
- Acknowledge our enemies are also our brother & sister = breathe in and visualize all of this with their anger, suspicious, desperateness THEN breathe out the wish for them to be free of these burdens
- Visualize these people as our neighbors living beside us right now
- Whether we like it or not, we must live together
- Only way to eliminate fear is to replace it with empathic understanding for self & others
Listen to this 40-minute podcast interview with the Dali lama and hear how Dan Harris “unpacks” the nuggets of wisdom from this interview. The podcast ends with Dan and his meditation expert summarizing the practical steps for applying meditation.