A 6-hour training with Kelly Luedtke, MLADC
March 22, 2022
8:30am - 4:00pm
PRESENTATION: This training includes a comprehensive and detailed study of application both in documentation and treatment of the 12 Core Functions of a Substance Use Counselor. Emphasis will be on the 12 core functions, the assessments BPS and ASI, entry level diagnosis, SMART treatment planning, and exceptions to confidentiality. This course is designed to give participants a solid understanding of the 12 Core Functions and the 46 Global Criteria as well as the basic documentation required of the substance use counselor. By the end of this training participants will be able to:
• Understand and Describe the 12 Core Functions and 46 Global Criteria of Addiction Counseling;
• Describe the application of the Core Functions and Global Criteria in clinical practice;
• Articulate Ethical and Confidentiality Issues which confront the substance use counselor;
• Define Screening and Assessment and how they are different as well as common tools;
• Understand the diagnostic criteria for substance use disorders;
• Discussion of a comprehensive Bio-psycho-social Assessment by applying the Diagnostic Statistical Manual to determine if a client is appropriate for SUD treatment;
• Discussion of a Treatment Plan (based on the Assessment) that is appropriate to the client’s needs and wants, strengths and weaknesses (described in terms that are measurable); and
• Discuss the principles of Evidence-Based addiction treatment.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Kelly Luedtke, MLADC is the full time Professor and Program Coordinator of Human Service and Addiction Counseling at NHTI-Concord’s Community College in Concord, NH. She has been in the profession of substance use counseling for over fifteen years, most recently serving as Chief of Operations and Clinical Officer at Serenity Place in Manchester, NH for the past 3 years. Kelly has worked in the treatment continuum from prevention, to detoxification, sobriety maintenance, medically assisted treatment, intensive outpatient, outpatient, and transitional living. She has served the community as an outreach worker, clinician, senior administrator, and educator. Currently, Kelly gives back to the community through her role as Past President of NHADACA, as a member of the NH Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse Professionals Licensing Board. Kelly, a Master Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (MLADC), currently has a master’s degree in Education/Counseling as well as a CAGS in Counseling. When Kelly isn’t lending her time to students or the substance abuse community, she enjoys spending time with her two children and husband, exercising by running 5K’s to marathons, and cooking anything out of her vegetable and herb garden.
REGISTRATION FEE: NHADACA Members: $50; Non-Members $60; *NBCC add $5. Lunch will be on your own. For registration information contact: 603-225-7060 or email@example.com
6 Contact Hours Available
CRSW Performance Domains: None
LADC/MLADC Categories of Competence: 1-18
CPS Domains: None
NBCC: LICSW/L-MFT/LCMHC (Category 1) & Psychologist Category A
NH Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No 6754. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NHADACA is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
PLEASE NOTE: Only one registrant per form. For multiple registrants you must register each one individually. Registration is not complete or guaranteed until payment is received. Payment by means other than credit card may slow down completion of registration. Checks and cash are still accepted, however, your registration will be placed on a pending list until payment is received. We strongly encourage payment by credit card for training of high demand topics. Thank you.
This training is financed under a contract with the State of NH, Department of Health and Human Services, with funds provided in part by the State of NH and/or such funding sources as were available or required, e.g., the United States Department of Health and Human Services.