|Position Title:||Corrections Clinician||Starting Salary:||$21.15/hourly|
|Status:||Full Time||Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Shift:||Monday – Friday, Occasional Evenings and Weekends|
Job Purpose: Merrimack County Department of Corrections is seeking a Clinician to provide drug and alcohol dependency counseling and education to offenders.
Essential Job Functions to include:
- Conduct offender assessments, including in-depth psycho-social history with emphasis on criminogenic risks and needs.
- Conduct individual and group counseling and facilitate psycho-educational classes for inmates.
- Conduct case review meetings with Community Corrections offenders and maintain case related documentation.
- Identify inmates suitable for core programming, initiate notifications regarding programming, and maintain programming inmate attendance records.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain program data
- Participate in collaborative team meetings to address offender needs.
Secondary Job Functions to include:
- Serve as liaison for AA, NA and other 12-step groups bringing services into the facility.
- Coordinates services with and assist members of Community Corrections.
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of Stages of Change theory and substance misuse and co-occurring disorder issues and dynamics as well as understanding of criminal justice system and dynamics.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with administrative staff, corrections personnel, courts, law enforcement agencies and inmates.
- Skill in evaluating, planning and integrating analysis of data to formulate current and long range solutions, strategies, and policies of a specialized nature.
- Ability to perform regular job functions in an environment which includes exposure to continuous physical elements or a number of disagreeable working conditions with frequent exposure to minor injuries or health hazards.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in criminal justice, social services, counseling or related field.
- Minimum of three years in substance abuse counseling or any combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor in the State of New Hampshire required. A valid NH Driver’s License required.
Submission Requirements: Must submit an Employment Application, resume and cover letter
HOW TO APPLY: Online, Mail or Email
Applications can be found on our website https://merrimackcounty.net/jobs
Merrimack County Human Resources
333 Daniel Webster Highway, Suite 2
Boscawen, NH 03303
A drug screen, criminal history & background check will be required of all conditional hires.
Equal Employment Opportunity